Swiss Air baggage allowance 2012. An update
Read an up-to-date summary of the baggage policy of Swiss International Air Lines so you know just how many kilograms of luggage you’re allowed to carry. Let’s have a look at carry-on baggage first.
Swiss Air hand baggage
If you want to avoid getting your hand baggage checked in, you’d better follow these rules: your hand baggage in economy is restricted to 1 item not exceeding 55x40x23 cm and weighing up to 8 kg.
Adults and children between 2 and 11 years are permitted to take one more personal item with them in addition to the above such as e.g. a laptop bag or a shoulder bag not exceeding 40 x 30 x 10 cm.
Swiss Air hand baggage checked baggage allowance
Flying in economy? What you can get transported in the aircraft hold is one item of baggage weighing up to 23 kg or 50 lb. As far as children under the age of 2 are concerned, the allowance is the same except it includes a folding buggy.
There are some exceptions though:
- West Africa, East/Central Africa Japan 2 x 23kg or 50lb
- Flights commencing in Brazil: 2 x 32kg or 70lb
- Between South Africa and Canada, USA, or Mexico: 2 x 23kg / 50lb
- Between India, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Turkey and USA, Canada or Mexico: 2 x 23 kg / 50 lb
Swiss Air excess baggage
If you find the allowance insufficient, pay a bit extra and extend it.
- Additional baggage items weighing max. 23kg / 50lb:
a) European routes: CHF 90/€70
b) intercontinental routes: CHF 225/€150/$200
- Extra item of baggage oversized:
a) European routes: CHF 150/€100
b) intercontinental routes: CHF 450/€300/$400